M.Tech Nano Science and Technology is a 2 year Post Graduate course in the domain of engineering with a specialization in nanotechnology and related aspects. A minimum of 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is the least which almost all the institutes desire from applying candidates as the eligibility criterion.
Some of the popular colleges offering the course are:
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Amal Jyothi College of Engineering
- Amity Institute of Nano-Technology
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Andhra University
- Anna University
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Bharath University
- Desh Bhagat University
The fee for the course varies between INR 75,000 to INR 4, 00,000 in India. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology course admissions are done based on Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criteria that is the percentage of marks obtained in Under Graduate (UG) level.
Most of the colleges/universities who offer admissions through CET mechanism rely on the score of All India level common entrance exams like GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering), UPSEE, TANCET, while a select few opt for a separate entrance exam of their own (Like KIITEE).
The course is designed to accord skills and knowledge to master’s level students in the domain of nanoscience and technology so, as to equip them with a holistic knowledge of the subject that will enable them to take on the challenges that come in the persecution of their skill at the industry level.
M.Tech in nano-science and technology post-graduate has a wide range of job opportunities to choose from like Project assistant, Laboratory manager, Research associate, Assistant professor etc. After completion of post graduation, one may pursue further studies like M.Phil and Ph.D. in the said subject or may take up job opportunities associated. The average salary ranges between Rs.16000 and 22000 a month for a fresh pass out.
Top Colleges for Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Nano Science and Technology)
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Nano Science and Technology) in Tamil Nadu
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Chennai
- ME/M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- ME/M.Tech in Telangana
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 55% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 75,000 to 4 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 16,000 to 22,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Pharmaceutical Firms, Research labs, Agriculture University, Research labs|
|Job Position||Project assistant, Laboratory manager, Research associate, Assistant professor etc|
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: What is it about?
Nano-Science is a newly emerged domain in terms of scientific studies which has seen its development in the 1980s. It deals with property and behavior analysis of matter at a nano level scale that is when they are reduced to a fraction of their original size.
In recent times we have seen enhancement in regards to practical approach towards nanoscience which was so far seen as a theoretic one. This has led to the emergence of nanotechnology as a full-fledged area of technological exploration which has shown results for many of the current problems. There is an increase in the use of nano-technology based research in areas like health, automotive, manufacturing, agriculture etc. which has fueled the need for domain experts.
A master’s of technology course in nano-science and technology creates that domain expert workforce out of postgraduate students that are demanded in various roles at the industry level. The course aims to achieve that through gradual and systematic learning of concepts and practical skills among students.
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: Top Institutes
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology course is offered by many reputed colleges/universities to candidates who have passed their UG or equivalent examination in the respective stream from a recognized state or central university.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee Per annum basis|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh||INR 13,690|
|Amal Jyothi College of Engineering||Kottayam||INR 117,050|
|Amity Institute of Nano-Technology||Noida||INR 2,40,500|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||Coimbatore||INR 2,23,000|
|Andhra University||Vizag||INR 87,500|
|Anna University||Chennai||INR 46,470|
|Aryabhatta Knowledge University||Patna||INR 30,500|
|Bharath University||Chennai||INR 60, 220|
|Desh Bhagat University||Fatehgarh||INR 65,000|
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in relevant stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks at graduation level.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the Subject/Subjects at B.E/B.Tech level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission (like work experience of certain years).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institute give admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET) (like GATE, UPSEE). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common for most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: Admission Process
Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into M.Tech courses (like SRMJEE, UPES entrance exam) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like GATE, AUCET, UPSEE etc. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective university or college.
- After admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Nano Science and Technology) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into four semesters spread over a span of two years. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and practical skills that students are taught during the course of their Master’s. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to nanoscience and technology so, as to provide a complete understanding of the subject to the master’s level students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Physics of Material||Quantum Concepts of Nanostructures|
|Chemistry of Materials||Methods of Synthesis of Nanomaterial|
|Mathematical and Computational Sciences||Properties of Nano-Semiconducting materials|
|Bioscience||Characterization of Nano-materials|
|Applied Electronics||Nano-science and molecular structure|
|Elective 1||Elective 2|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Nano electronics||Final year project|
|Energy device||Elective 4|
|Nanocomposites||Nano-analytics and Nano-toxicology|
|Minor Project||Research work|
|Elective 3||Viva –Voce|
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have an interest in the domain of nano-science.
- Those who have a career in the domain of research and development in Mind.
- Those who have a background in Nano-technology at bachelor’s level.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.Tech in Nano Science and Technology: Career Prospects
M.Tech in nano-science and technology postgraduates have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work with firms such as Pharmaceutical Firms, Research labs, Agriculture University, Research labs etc.
To provide you a complete view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where nano-science and technology postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Project Assistant||The job of project assistant involves management and collaboration of project related activities under the overall supervision of senior project manager||INR 3.15-3.30 Lacs|
|Research Associate||The job of a research associate involves research and analysis level work in the respective domain with the proper conduct of studies and results.||INR 2.47-3.45 Lacs|
|Lab Manager||The job involves proper organization and management of the equipment and officials that are working in the laboratory setup.||INR 2.85 -3.35 Lacs|
|Assistant Professor||An assistant professor is involved in the job of teaching the subject to graduation or post-graduation level students.||INR 2.45-2.95 Lacs|
|Trainee Engineer||A trainee engineer is involved in entry-level projects that are entrusted to him by a senior engineer.||INR 2.22-2.60 Lacs|