B.Com in Taxation and Finance is a three-year undergraduate program (UG) in the domain of commerce with specialization in taxation and finance management related principles and techniques. The minimum eligibility criterion which most of the institutes ask for is a score of at least 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10+2 or equivalent level.
Some of the popular institutes/universities that offer the course in India are listed below:
- Al Ameen College
- Annie Besant College
- Bhopal School of Social Sciences
- Dr. CV Raman University
- East Calcutta Girls College
The average tuition fee charged for the course in Indian colleges/University ranges between INR 12,000 to 3 Lacs and depends upon the nature of college/institute (that is government, state/private/deemed) as well as its location.
B.Com in Taxation and Finance course admission involves Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criterion that is the percentage of marks obtained at 10+2 or equivalent level by the candidate. Colleges and Institute that provide admissions through CET mechanism rely on the score of All India Level common entrance exams like IPU CET while some of them go for a separate entrance exam of their own (GSAT).
The course aims at delivering holistic knowledge of taxation system and financial principles to the graduate level students in a gradual and effective manner. It dissipates a complete overview of all the aspects related to the subject. Those institutes who do conduct an entrance exam provide due consideration to class 12th or equivalent level marks and performance in the entrance exam while considering the applications for admissions.
Candidates completing the course successfully can expect job offers ranging from INR 15,000 to 18,000 per month. The annual salary in the industry can go beyond this average bracket with enhancement in the skill set and experience of the candidate.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Taxation and Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Taxation and Finance) in Kerala
- B.Com in Delhi-NCR
- B.Com in Maharashtra
- B.Com in Chennai
- B.Com in Uttar Pradesh
- B.Com in Telangana
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 50% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at 10+2 or equivalent level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 12,000 to INR 3 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs.15,000 to 18,000|
|Top Recruiting areas||Sales tax department, banking sector, Indian economic services, Import/Export firms, Docks, Airports etc.|
|Job Positions||Auditor, Income tax officer, Cost accountant, Tax consultant, Budget analyst, Finance manager, Assistant accountant etc.|
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: What is it about?
Taxation and revenue collection forms the core of the administrative and functional responsibilities of a state. A state is run on the resources collected from citizens in the form of taxes. Hence, it becomes essential that proper collection and utilization of funds is ensured for public welfare.
Management of the collected finance is also important both at the public and private level so as to keep the engine of the economy going. This management and collection function requires effective and qualified professionals who are trained to tackle the situations in practical domain. Apart from that the expanding business and growth opportunities emerging out nowadays require a dedicated set of personnel who can handle finance related matters in an effective and efficient manner.
B.Com in Taxation and Finance course delivers to this demand of the economy by churning out qualified and skilled professionals out of graduate level students with a background in commerce. The course attains its aim through structured and organized curriculum and subject division.
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: Top Institutes offering the course
Bachelor of Commerce in Taxation and Finance is offered as a UG level course by a good number of colleges and universities across the country to candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent level examination from a recognized state or central board.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee (Per annum basis)|
|Al Ameen College||Ernakulam||INR 9,500|
|Alphonsa College||Kottayam||INR 14,489|
|Altius Institute of Universal Studies||Indore||INR 28,667|
|Annie Besant College||Indore||INR 3,500|
|Assumption College||Kottayam||INR 3,155|
|Bhopal School of Social Sciences||Bhopal||INR 23,420|
|Dr. CV Raman University||Bilaspur||INR 23,710|
|East Calcutta Girls College||Kolkata||INR 4,783|
|Government degree College||Karimnagar||INR 3,233|
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks from a recognized state or central board.
- He/She shall not be having any supplementary or compartment in any of the subject/subjects at 10+2 or equivalent level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Institutes offering admissions through Common Entrance Test go for scores of exam like IPU CET for grant of admission. To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: Admission Process
B.Com (Taxation and Finance) course admissions are done through common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various Universities and colleges in the country) as well as merit-based selection process (as seen in a good number of institutes/colleges).
- Majority of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into B.Com. Courses (like GITMA) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like BHU CET. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for counseling cum admission process by the respective university or college.
- After counseling cum admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Taxation and Finance) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Maulana Azad University (MANUU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Kakatiya University (KU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) UG & PG Satellite Courses Admission 2019
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: Syllabus and Course description
The course syllabus is divided into 6 semesters spread over a span of three years with End Semester Exams being held after each semester. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and domain-specific modules that students are taught during the course of their under graduation. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to Taxation and Finance so, as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the undergraduate students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so, as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Account Transactions||Employee Report preparation||Inventory Management|
|Books of Accounts||Employee state Insurance Act||E-Commerce|
|Business Statistics||Excise and Custom laws||Service Tax management|
|Capital Budgeting||Excise Registers||Income distribution|
|Central and Sale Taxes||Applied Economics||Payroll management|
|Custom law and procedures||Income Tax evaluation||Research and report presentation|
|Employee management||Income Tax act 1961||Viva-Voce|
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have interest in taxation and financial administration.
- Those who have a career as a Tax consultant in mind.
- Those who are looking for jobs in Indian Economic Services after graduation.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
B.Com in Taxation and Finance: Career Prospects
B.Com in Taxation and Finance graduates have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work as Auditor, Income tax officer, Cost accountant, Tax consultant, Budget analyst, Finance manager, Assistant accountant etc.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where B.Com. Undergraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Auditor||The job of an auditor involves timely audit and up gradation of financial accounts of the firm as per the update transaction receipts of the firms.||INR 2.68-2.93Lacs|
|Income Tax Officer||The job is a public sector job which involves ensuring compliance of the taxpayer with the stipulated law in that regards.||INR 4.69-5.85 Lacs|
|Tax Consultant||The job of tax consultant involves tendering of advice to clients in regards to tax saving and tax benefits as per the legal mandate of the act.||INR 2.74-3.45 Lacs|
|Finance Manager||The job involves efficient and effective management of finical resources of the firm through revenue collection and expenditure cycle mechanism.||INR 2.82-3.35 Lacs|
|Probationary officer||It is a typical banking job in public/private sector which requires one to take on various banking functions as a part of his/her job profile.||INR 4.62-5.55 Lacs|