M.E. CSE is a Post Graduate course in engineering with a specialization in the field of computer science and its related aspects. It is a two years course divided into four semesters. A minimum of 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is the least which almost all the institutes desire from applying candidates (in the form of eligibility criterion).
Some of the popular colleges offering the course are:
- IISc (Indian Institute of Science)
- IIT (Indian Institute of Information Technology)
- BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science)
- IIIT (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology)
The fee for the course varies between INR 67,000 to 3, 50,000 in India. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
M.E CSE course admissions involve both Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criteria that is the percentage of marks obtained at Under Graduate (UG) level. Most of the colleges which provide admissions through CET mechanism rely on the score of All India level common entrance exams like GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering), IIIT Delhi, IIST PG while a select few opt for a separate entrance exam of their own (Like LUPNEST, BITSAT HD etc.).
The course is designed to provide domain-specific skills and knowledge to the master’s level students so as to equip them with a holistic knowledge of the subject that will enable them to persecute the learning in a practical sense.
Post Graduates in Computer Science and Engineering have a wide range of job opportunities like Software engineers, application developer, network engineer, hardware engineer, CAD engineer etc. After completion of post graduation, one may pursue further studies like M.Phil and Ph.D. in the said subject or may take up job opportunities associated. The average salary ranges between INR 14,000 and 20,000 a month for a fresh pass out.
Top Colleges for Master of Engineering [ME] (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Master of Engineering [ME] (Computer Science and Engineering) in Tamil Nadu
- Master of Engineering [ME] (Computer Science and Engineering) in Maharashtra
- Master of Engineering [ME] (Computer Science and Engineering) in Gujarat
- Master of Engineering [ME] (Computer Science and Engineering) in Telangana
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
M.E. CSE: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 55% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 67,000 to INR 3.5 Lacs|
|Starting Salary||INR 14,000 to 20,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||TCS, Wipro, DXC, Syntel, Hexaware, Capgemini, Infosys|
|Job Position||Software engineers, application developer, network engineer, hardware engineer, CAD engineer|
M.E. CSE: What is it about?
The knowledge of Computer Science has been the driver of IT industry in India. The cost-effective and sustainable solution provided by Indian technical experts has earned praises at the global level. The growth and build up of the industry has surged the demand for qualified computer science professionals in the market.
The study of the subject involves software coding knowledge as well as the understanding of computer hardware and it’s working so, as to get a holistic view of the functioning of computer systems.
A master’s level course in computer science is aimed at developing professionals that can contribute meaningfully to the growth of the industry through execution of their knowledge and skills in the domain.
M.E. CSE: Top Institutes offering the course
M.E. Computer Science and Engineering is offered as course by many colleges/universities to candidates who have passed their UG or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central University.
Students can take admission in the course through Common Entrance Test conducted by certain exam conducting authorities such as IITs, IIIT, as well as separate exams conducted by respective colleges/Universities (Like LPU, BITS) that are offering this course.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Adhiyamaan College of Engineering||Hosur||INR 1,35,000|
|Adithya Institute of Technology||Coimbatore||INR 75,000|
|Alpha College of Engineering||Chennai||INR 51,171|
|Anna University||Chennai||INR 46, 470|
|Andhra University||Vishakhapatnam||INR 52,000|
M.E. CSE: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in the respective stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at UG level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission (like work experience of 1 or 2 years).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institute give admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET) (like GATE, IIIT PG). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
M.E. CSE: Admission Process
Admission to the course mostly involves a common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various Universities and colleges in the country).
- Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into M.E courses (like LUPNEST, BITSAT HD) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like GATE, IIIT PG.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective university or college.
- After admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
- The new academic year begins after the completion of all the above processes.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Master of Engineering [ME] (Computer Science and Engineering) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.E. CSE: Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into 4 semesters spread over a span of two years. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and practical skills that students are taught during the course of their post-graduation. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to computer science so as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the master’s level students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Data Structure and Algorithm||Database technology|
|Computer Architecture||Operating System design|
|Software Engineering Methodologies||Advanced system software|
|Computer Networks and Management||Internet programming and tools|
|Mathematical Structures||Network Security|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Microprocessor Based system design||Project Stage 2|
|Object-oriented system design||Neural Networks, Architectures and Application|
|Theory of computation||Advanced Networks|
|Distributed Computing||Mobile Computing|
|Project stage I||Multimedia Systems|
|Visualization Techniques||Advanced web design|
|Soft computing||E-Commerce Technology|
|Practical||Data mining and Data warehousing|
M.E. CSE: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in the domain of computer science.
- Those who have a career in software development in mind.
- Those who are looking for a career as a network engineer.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.E. CSE: Career Prospects
Master’s in Computer Science and Engineering postgraduates have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work with companies such as TCS, Wipro, DXC, Syntel, Hexaware, Capgemini, Infosys etc.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where computer science and engineering postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Job Profile||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Software Engineer||Work of software engineer involves coding and preparation of algorithms for the design of a particular type of software or user interface.||INR 2.8-3.30 Lacs|
|Application developer||The job of the application developer is similar in nature to the software engineer with a difference of working interface that is they develop application software for mobile and tablets and various platforms like android, windows etc.||INR 2.6-3.25 Lacs|
|Network Engineer||The job involves working on communication networks so as to ensure proper connectivity through communication channels like Internet.||INR 2.76-3 Lacs|
|Project Lead||A project lead act as a supervisor and leader of the team working on a software development project for the client.||INR 2.74-3 Lacs|
|Design Engineer||Design engineers are entrusted with the responsibility of sketching out network design and functionalities for its actual implementation.||INR 2.9-3.2 Lacs|