M.B.A. in Global Business Management is a 2-year full time postgraduate course divided into 4 semesters. Minimum eligibility for admission to the course is the successful completion of graduation in any stream, from a recognized university, and with a minimum aggregate score of 45%.
Global Business entails all commercial transactions (private and governmental, sales, investments, logistics, and transportation) that take place between two or more nations.
This academic program is a blend of theories and practical work, and has been designed to prepare students for both domestic markets and business on a global platform. The program includes components of study such as foreign languages, trade finance & Forex risk management, and foreign trade policy, and export management.
Multicultural concerns, global relations and business methodologies, and such global issues fall within the ambit of Global Business Management.
The course is offered at leading Indian institutes such as:
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Amity University.
CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT are some of the top entrance tests conducted in India for admission to the course.
Such postgraduates are typically hired in capacities such as:
- Business Technical Consultant
- Marketing Executive
- Business Development Solutions Architect
- Strategic Business Consultant
- Business Development Executive
- Territory Sale Executive
- Business Analyst
- Lecturer & Teacher
- Global Business Manager, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5,000 and 5 Lacs for a span of 2 years.
The average annual salary offered to successful professionals of the discipline in India ranges between INR 3 and 12 lacs, increasing with the candidate’s experience and skillset.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Global Business Management)
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
M.B.A. in Global Business Management: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Examination Type||Semester System/Year wise|
|Eligibility||graduation with a minimum aggregate score of 50%|
|Admission Process||based on performance in entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 12 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, Merrill Lynch & Co, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase & Co, Goldman, Sachs & Co, Citi, Booz & Company, Accenture, Johnson & Johnson, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Bank of America, Microsoft Corporation, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Academic Institutions, Healthcare Sector, Shopping Malls, Hospitality Sector, Travel & Tourism Dept., Retail Sector, MNCs, and such.|
|Job Positions||Business Technical Consultant, Marketing Executive, Business Development Solutions Architect, Strategic Business Consultant, Business Development Executive, Territory Sale Executive, Business Analyst, Lecturer & Teacher, Global Business Management Manager, among others.|
Top Institutes offering M.B.A. in Global Business Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City|| Average Fees (INR)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||Pune||18,25,000|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||Delhi||7,00,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Punjab||1,99,000|
|St. Xavier's College||Kolkata||42,000|
|Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences||Allahabad||35,000|
|Bharath University||Tamil Nadu||80,000|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering||Mumbai||86,800|
|DIT University||Tamil Nadu||4,50,000|
|Veltech Dr. RR & Dr. SR University||Tamil Nadu||80,000|
|Institute of Engineering and Management||Kolkata||2,60,000|
|Delhi School of Business||Delhi||4,07,000|
|Institute of Business Management and Research- IPS Academy||Indore||2,15,000|
|GITAM Institute of Management||Vishakhapatnam||22,300|
|ISB&M Pune Management||Pune||4,75,000|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration||Tamil Nadu||53,300|
|ITM Business School||Tamil Nadu||3,52,000|
|Empower School of Health||Delhi||1,91,000|
Eligibility for M.B.A. in Global Business Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful completion of graduation in any stream, preferably Commerce, from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) at the level of graduation.
M.B.A. in Global Business Management: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, such as CAT, MAT, XAT, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the level of graduation.
Listed below are some of the top entrance tests conducted in the country for admission to the course.
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test –Abroad)
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
- N-MAT (Narsee Monjee Aptitude test)
- MH-CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance test
- IBSAT (ICFAI Business School Admission Test)
- IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade)
- ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admissions)
- TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)
- AMUCAT (Aligarh Muslim University AMU CAT)
- AMRITA (Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham)
- BMAT (Bharati Vidyapeeth Management Aptitude Test)
- FMS (Faculty of management Studies)
- ICET (AP ICET 2019 - Integrated Common Entrance Test)
- KIITEE (KIIT Entrance Examination<)/a>
- KMAT (Karnataka Management Aptitude Test)
- MICA (Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad Admission test)
- OPENMAT (IGNOU OPENMAT MBA Entrance Exam)
- RMAT (Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test)
- SRMCAT (SRM Common Admission Test)
- HPCAT (Himachal Pradesh Combined Aptitude Test)
- UPSEE (UP State Entrance Examination).
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Global Business Management) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
M.B.A. in Global Business Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Economics & Management Decisions||Research Methodology and App. Statistics|
|Quantitative Techniques||Human Resource Management|
|Business Communication & Negotiation Skills||Financial Management|
|Organizational Behavior||International Marketing Management|
|Marketing Management||Domain Specific Courses|
|IT for Managers||Industry Visits|
|Financial Accounting||Domain Tailored Courses|
|-||Indian Economy & Trade Policies|
|-||Global Business Management|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Econometrics||Domain Specific Course|
|Domain Specific Course||Cross Cultural Management|
|Dissertation I||Global Business Management Negotiations|
|International Finance Management||Merges, Acquisition, Corporate Regulation|
|International Marketing Management||Global Business Management Strategy|
|Commodity Trading & Price Risk Management||Dissertation II|
|Summer Internship||International Trade Operation & Documentation|
|Dissertation I||WTO & its Impact on Global Business Management|
|Domain Tailored Courses||-|
|e-Business & e-Commerce||-|
M.B.A. in Global Business Management: Career Prospects
successful Global Business Managers are lucratively hired across global and transnational companies, and the larger global market and across the world.
Such professionals popularly work across industries such as:
- Global shipping companies.
- International placement offices.
- International market department of organizations.
- Import and export departments of organizations.
- Global tourism sector.
- International logistics & courier companies.
- Financial institutions.
- Banking sector.
- Securities firms.
- Global business consultancies.
- Investment companies.
- Foreign direct investment and economic development agencies.
since most of the global trade is done through aviation and docks, professionals from this field can also seek employment in cargo airlines and international shipping companies, both in India and abroad.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful postgraduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|International Human Resources Managers|
International Human Resources Managers design, configure, plan, and actualize global HR undertakings and strategies. Such undertakings include staffing, benefits, compensation, benefits, visa/green card planning, preparing, workers relations, and health and security programs.
They may often be in charge of organization of expatriate or migration programs.
|International Training Managers||International Training Managers work over numerous offices to get representatives up-to-speed in both their particular vertical, and the general needs of the organization. They prepare administrators in terms of business, initiative, HR, advancement, and training.||8,24,792|
|International Operations Managers|
International Operations Managers execute the roles of a Worldwide Operations Chief or a Worldwide Operations Head/ Manager. They administrate and coordinate the strategies, techniques and operations of an organization that cover various countries.
Fundamentally, they head these operations and procedures.
|Global Distribution Manager|
A Distribution or Logistics Manager has a varied job, and can be involved in stock, transportation or even the control of legislation, costing and environmental pressures.
These responsibilities vary depending upon the organization, but in each role, there is steady liaising between all parts of a production network.
|Account Executive||Account Executives work with a variety of departments, such as marketing, copywriting and art, in order to create innovative advertising and marketing campaigns.||3,58,840|