Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Marketing) is an undergraduate management course in marketing. It is a branch of management that deals with the concepts of business management. It acquaints the students to marketing theories and principles to prepare them for the industry.
The duration of Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) is three years. The minimum qualification required to pursue Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) is 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
The most common entry route in this course is through national/state level entrance tests. However, institute’s own test may also offer an entry. For Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing), the average tuition fee can be as low as 2,000 INR and as high as 12 Lakh INR.
BBA (Marketing) graduates are demanded across various sectors such as real estate, insurance, FMCG, retail, pharma, food processing, media, legal, medical, education, chemicals, industrial products, animation, aviation, IT, textile, construction etc. The initial salary for BBA Marketing graduates ranges from 15,000 INR to 20,000 INR per month.
What is Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing)?
BBA (Marketing) is a branch of management which deals with marketing. This course is divided into six semesters. The first four semesters cover subjects common to all programs in BBA. The last two semesters of this program focus solely on marketing as a specialization. The field of marketing is quite diverse as it applies universally to every industry. This course encompasses traditional as well as new approaches towards marketing and enables the students to deal with the real life problems in the industry. The specializations on offer in this course are special product marketing, advanced social media marketing, search engine marketing, business marketing operations, integrated online strategies, advanced mobile marketing, business economic programs, advertising management, interactive marketing, advanced email marketing, entrepreneurship and small business development, marketing and research, advanced interactive marketing, international marketing and accounts and bookkeeping.
Who Should Opt For The Course?
Anyone who is fascinated by marketing can opt for this course. Students with self-confidence and strong awareness of current affairs are fit for this course. This course is meant for the candidates who are blessed with excellent communication skills, teamwork, ability to motivate and problem solving. The aspirants who are tactful in client dealing and possess patience and business and expertise are meant for this course. The ones who have a good knowledge of computer including MS Office can do well in this course.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) in Tamil Nadu
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) in Karnataka
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) in Maharashtra
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) in Rajasthan
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) in Uttar Pradesh
Since Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) is a management undergraduate course, its duration is three years spread over six semesters.
Academic Options after This Course
Post completion, students can go on to study further and add to their qualifications. An option is to pursue MBA Marketing to level up their knowledge from basic to advance. Apart from the premier institutes like IIM-A, IIM-B this course is also offered by universities like Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Arni University, etc.
Where to Study?
There are many Institutes in India which offer undergraduate management courses. The top colleges offering BBA (Marketing) are:
Name of Institute
Foundation for Liberal and Management Education
Alliance School of Business
RJ School of Management Studies
Vaishali Institute of Business and Rural Management
Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce
Suresh Gyan Vihar University
Eastern Institute for Integrated learning in Management
The Bhopal School of Social Sciences
Times Business School
Eligibility Of the Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing)
The eligibility conditions of this course state that the candidate should pass senior secondary examination from a recognized board. For most of the institutions, the preferred mode for admission is entrance exam. The candidates who have appeared in senior secondary examination and are awaiting their results are allowed to apply for this course as the commonly preferred admission mode is entrance exam.
How to Get Admission in Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing)
The route to this course is through entrance exam. The common entrance exams that are required to pass for this course are SET, NMAT and SAT. Other than these, some institutes may conduct their own tests and take admission on the basis of scores of the tests. There are some institutions which take students through direct entry. Christ University is one of such institutes.
The top entrance exams for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) are:
- SET: Symbiosis Entrance Test is the examination conducted by Symbiosis International University for selection of candidates for undergraduate courses. It is held in May every year across various cities in India.
- NMAT: Conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council, it is a national level test admission conducted from October to December. Scores of this test are accepted by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University, VIT University, ICFAI Business School(IBS) and Ansal University.
- SAT: It is an entrance exam for selection of candidates for undergraduate courses in institutions by testing their mathematical, verbal and written skills. It is held in January, May and June.
The list below displays the common syllabus for different entrance tests:
- Verbal Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Mathematical Skills
- Critical Reasoning
Latest Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Marketing) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
The selection process differs from one institute to another. Scores of entrance test are accepted by most of them. However, some of the institutes require further filtering. It is done by conducting personal interviews for those who qualify the entrance test. The ones clearing the interviews are selected.
BBA Marketing through Distance Education
BBA Marketing is also available through Distance Education at many open universities such as Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai. The eligibility criteria is same as for regular programs. The maximum duration to complete the program may vary from 4-6 years.