I am a recent graduate in search of jobs and giving interviews. I gave my final onsite interview with a big Financial firm on Jan. 17, 2019 for a Software Developer role. On Jan. 25 I was told that the feedback from the interview is positive and I got a compensation call from them after a week, where I was told that they will extend an offer in a week but its been like three weeks and today I got this email from them:
We are still hopeful that we will be able move forward but
do not have an exact timeline at this point.
We are working on next steps still and will follow-up as soon as we have another update.
my questions are:
Does this infer that there is still a possibility that I dont get an offer? What should my response be? I was actually waiting for this job without applying to other companies. Should I start applying for other companies?
If this is not the right place to post this please guide me. thank you.
( 7 months ago )
Does this infer that there is still a possibility that I dont get an offer?
Yes. It is definitely possible you may or may not get the job. They might even probably still be interviewing other candidates and don't want to lose you as an option while a decision is made. Hard to say.
What should my response be?
A simple "thank you, I look forward to your response" type email should suffice.
I was actually waiting for this job without applying to other companies. Should I start applying for other companies?