( 4 months ago )
I'm looking for a books about theoretical basis in log management, not about tools. I need it to write my master's thesis.
I need books about:
- log sources, log collection
- storage techniques, storing logs
- log analysis (maybe statistical analysis, data mining)
- analysis techniques
- reviewing logs for potential problems, methods of reviewing logs
- how to protect logs (remote logging, replication, write to cd)
- what can we do with logs? (automated tasks, alerts)
- maybe you will propose something?
- "Logging and Log Management: The Authoritative Guide to Understanding the Concepts Surrounding Logging and Log Management" Anton Chuvakin; Kevin Schmidt; Chris Phillips
- "Handbook of Research on Web Log Analysis" Bernard J. Jansen; Amanda Spink; Isak Taksa
but maybe you know others?