Actually I am trying to launch the AVD emulator in Android Studio. The Problem: "Intel HAXM is required to run this AVD".
I know that this is a common problem, however none of the existing answers I found could solve my problem:
- I enabled "Intel Virtualization Technology" in the BIOS
- VT-d is Enabled
- The NX-Disable-bit is Enabled
- The status of Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) is "Installed"
- In "Turn Windows Features on or off" I did not find Hyper-V, I tried to disable it using dism.exe but dism did not find it either
- I have Avast installed, but the Hardware Acceleration setting is UNchecked
- I ran the intelhaxm-android.exe, but "Remove" was the only clickable option
- I downloaded the lates intel HAXM version from the intel site, but during the installation process the message "This computer meets the requirements for HAXM, but Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is not turned on"
At the moment I am really frustrated since it seems that these steps worked for the vast majority. I would be really happy about any kind of help.
UPDATE: With the help of Dhinakaran I was able to find in the task manager:
My OS is Windows 10 Home.